Go Farm U will be taking Intern applications starting February 2014. Above is the bunk house Interns will stay in and at this time numbers are limited to two. We are looking for those who want to learn sustainable farming and gardening.
Send a resume and paper outlining why you want to be an intern to 1000 Watts Road, Deary, Idaho 83823.
Below are some links for other job and intern possibilities. The USA needs 8 million farmers and your learning to farm could pay great dividends in the future for you and the nation.
- North East Workers On Organic Farms Covers 8 New England & Mid-Atlantic states + Wisconsin.
- The NOFA Interstate Farmer to Farmer Exchangeoften has job listings for organic farmers and others.
- Rodale Institute Classifieds often list organic farming job opportunities.
- The Farm-Based Education Association’s Job Page lists all kinds of food and farm related jobs and internships.
- The Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture has a Comprehensive List of Farm Apprenticeships. A great resource.
- BackdoorJobs.com’s Sustainable Living and Farm Jobs Page lists employment, internship, and volunteer opportunities throughout the country.
- World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF) provides opportunities to work on farms worldwide .
- A Related resource is Organic Volunteers : http://www.organicvolunteers.com/
- HelpX is another good farmworker volunteer website: http://www.helpx.net/
- Idealist has info on all sorts of environmental jobs and volunteer opportunities: www.idealist.org
- The New Entry Sustainable Farming Project from Tufts University publishes a list of farm internships and jobs in Massachusetts at: http://nesfp.nutrition.tufts.edu/resources/employ.html
- One final place you might find opportunities for work on organic farms is at PlanOrganic: http://www.planorganic.com/organic-company-jobs.html